Atos launches MyMarket to facilitate and control apps distribution and management within an organization
- Atos anticipates business’ need to manage exploding number of applications
- MyMarket solution is part of Atos expertise in Hi-Tech Transactional Services (HTTS)
Atos, an international IT services company, announces the launch of MyMarket, an innovative solution designed to facilitate Apps distribution and management within organizations. The solution is part of Atos HTTS (Hi-Tech Transactional Services) and fits within Atos leading Smart Mobility catalogue of solutions, together with solutions such as MyCity- smart solutions for city ecosystems - and Mobiret - mobile retailing solutions. Atos is present at the 2012 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, from 27th February to 1st March, with the theme "aspiration to application" to discuss its innovations at Pavilion AV06 and to demonstrate the MyMarket solution.
Mobile devices - both company and employee owned - are reaching a critical mass in the workplace. For instance, 44 percent of firms surveyed by Network solutions firm Citrix say they have a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD or employee owned devices) policy in place and 94 percent plan to implement it by 2013. Not only organizations are facing a strong demand to connect to their systems from an increasingly heterogeneous range of devices. Almost every business line is analyzing how to better mobilize their processes and empower their collaborators with mobility solutions.
The Enterprise Mobility Foundation said (EMR report, January 2012): “ While 2011 was the year for enterprise mobility to come of age, the top trend in 2012 will be Mobile Application Management. 2012 will be the year when organizations will fully embrace mobile devices, applications and services. This business transformation will not be seamless but once properly managed it will provide tremendous competitive differentiation and financial benefits to organizations that embrace the mobile wave.”
Santi Ristol, Smart Mobility Director at Atos said: “We saw that a real need emerged to help organisations become more efficient during validation and deployment processes when offering a new set of apps to their users. MyMarket guarantees a secure server platform to centralize the publication, testing, final validation and distribution of internal and external apps. It also ensures that the apps reach the right people, according to access rights, among the organizations employees and external collaborators”.
Some of the key features MyMarket offer:
- The business has an overall vision of its business apps and users, and can coordinate app publishing and distribution, can capture users feedback in an easy way.
- Users get a tool to easily find their required and recommended apps, according to their profiles. They can access their company apps but also third party apps, even if they require a license fee. They are sure to obtain the latest versions, always updated, and can send feedback or report a problem.
- Apps are validated on quality, policies or security aspects before being launched.
- The service is available on the iOs and Android platforms, but it can also run on most market smartphones and tablet platforms.
- The platform enables the organization to boost performance in all its business lines as it helps them to better mobilize processes. It can provide its employees and collaborators with the mobile solutions they require, in a secure and friendly environment.
Atos present at 2012 Mobile World Congress:
The event takes place in Barcelona from 27 February to 1 March. Atos is present at pavilion AV06with the theme aspiration to application. A series of six seminars are organized, each focused on turning innovation to profit for today’s telcos and media companies:
• MVNE – the agile platform
• NGIN – high value centrex
• Rich media – consumer crafting
• BSS – transform for agililty
• Smart mobility – context kings
• B2C – Cloud communication services