Feasibility study of the ballot printer and vote counter
The Dutch government is studying the feasibility of introducing electronic voting and counting in polling stations. Within the framework of this study, specifications have been established for a ballot printer and vote counter.
As part of the study, the market will be asked whether the specifications can be realised, and if not, why not, and if so, what the costs and lead times will be. This market survey is explicitly not a preliminary phase of a subsequent procurement procedure.
Market and other parties who believe they can provide substantiated answers to the questions regarding the specifications are invited to participate in the study.
What does participation in the study entail?
Participants will be invited to fill in a dedicated response document in which they answer questions regarding the specifications for a ballot printer and vote counter. This response document includes the specifications for the ballot printer and vote counter as well as questions on the subject. This website contains all the information you need for filling in the response document. All replies received will be anonymised first before being processed in a report. This report will be disclosed by the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations and published in Dutch.
If you wish to participate in the study, please send an email confirming your participation to: firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying in the subject heading: ‘Confirmation participation study ballot printer and vote counter’.
Rules of play
- The information on this website is to be used as guidance when answering the questions.
- Answers are to be filled in on the response document provided.
- When answering questions about the specifications, if you wish you can make your answers apply only to the ballot printer or to the vote counter. In the response document please indicate whether your answer refers to the ballot printer or the vote counter, or to both. Subsequently, you only need to answer the questions that apply to the choice you made.
- Please be advised that if you wish to provide information regarding other solutions for the specifications of the ballot printer and vote counter or regarding alternatives to the specifications stated, you are welcome to do so. We kindly request you to do this at the end of the response document, stating as subject ‘Alternatives’.
- Questions can be answered in English or Dutch.
- No allowance for participation will be granted.
Questions about the specifications for the ballot printer and vote counter
Questions about the specifications for the ballot printer and vote counter have been divided into three parts in the response document:
- Part 1: Specifications for ballot printer and vote counter
- Part 2: Specific questions about certain specifications and themes
- Part 3: Questions about lead time and cost of implementing ballot printer and vote counters.
Response document and annexes
The response document can be downloaded here:
The following annexes are part of the specifications for the ballot printer and vote counter, and are relevant for answering the questions of the study:
- Ballot printer Protection Profile
- Vote counter Protection Profile
- Method for determining the effectiveness of compromising emanations countermeasures (Ballot printer – performance of eavesdropping protection – radio-frequency emissions)
- Guidelines for avoiding compromising emanations (Ballot printer – protection against eavesdropping attacks – guidance for system designers)
- Deletion methods
- Sample specifications for the user interface for the ballot printer
- Locations polling stations in the Netherlands
- Election timetable House of Representatives
What is the planning for the study?
The latest date for submitting the response document through email is Monday 10 October 2016, 17:00 (CET). In the subject heading of the email please state: ‘Answers to the questionnaire on the study regarding the ballot printer and vote counter’. The completed response document should be attached to the email.
This email can be sent to: email@example.com
If you think you need more time to answer the questions in the response document, please send us an email about this to the aforementioned email address.
This study is performed by Atos Consulting and has been commissioned by the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations. Any questions relating to this study can be directed to:
Atos Consulting Study team
Nederlandse vertaling beantwoordings- document en bijlagen
- Beantwoordings- document
- Methode bepalen effectiviteit van maatregelen tegen compromitterende straling
- Richtlijnen voorkoming compromitterende straling
- Voorbeeld specificatie voor gebruikersinterface stemprinter
- Locaties stemlokalen in Nederland
- Verkiezingskalender Tweede Kamer